Stelios Alexakis was born in December 4th, 1973, in Kournas village of Chania, Crete.
He studied History and Archeology at the Philosophical School of Athens from 1991 to 1995, and he post-graduated in History of Art at the same University.
From 2000 to 2005 he studied Painting and Mosaic at the School of Fine Arts in Athens, at the side of Yiannis Valavanidis.
Since 1996 he works in the educational programs of Kouvoutsakis Art Institute.
He has shown his work in four solo exhibitions (December 2006, "33 Interiors", Gallery 7, Athens, and February 2008, "King Mino’s Lilies", The Hellenic Centre, London), 22 Indoor motifs, gallery 7 Athens February 2010, Geisai 14 Tokyo March 2010.
He has taken part in 37 group exhibitions in Greece, United Kingdom and Japan.
• Molivia: 19-22 June 2008, No:id Gallery, 26 Calvert Avenue, London
• King Mino’s Lilies: February 2008, The Hellenic Centre, London
• 33 Indoor (Esoterika): December 2006, Gallery 7, Athens
• 22 Indoor motifs, gallery 7 Athens February 2010
• Europe now, Seyhoun Gallery West Hollywood September 2009 (www.artslant.com)
• Geisai 14 Tokyo March 2010
• Giant Mango, April 2010, Tokyo
• Art-Athina International Contemporary Art Fair of Athens, May 2010
• Nord Art June-October 2010, Budersdolf Germany www.kic-nordart.de
• Art Athina 2010, May 2010, KLOSSART
• Tokyo Big Sight, 5 May 2011, HOT PAPER 12 For JAPAN http://www.comitia.co.jp/.//plus
He lives and works in Crete and in Athens, Greece.
Address: 5A Athanasiou Diakou Street, Kifissia, GR-14561, Athens, GREECE tel. +30 6932 896935
Stelios Alexakis is interesting in approaching a new dark – pop painting, he is getting inspiration from the daily life in Greece and his birth place in Greta. His work characterizes: dramatic human figures, traditional motifs, metafysical landscapes.